Saturday at the SF Farmers Market

San Francisco Travel Blog

My spectacular Saturday started off with a girlfriend Melanie & I hopped on the ferry from Jack London Square in Oakland, made our way safely across the bay in 15 minutes (not too shabby of a ride might I add) where we were dropped at the Ferry Building in San Francisco.

We disembark on the pier to a warm 65 degrees and beaming sunlight (um this is rare for the city in February). The pier is filled with folks who just rolled out of bed, visiting tourists and lots of local vendors selling anything from crafts, fresh vegetables and fruits to some killer breakfast! People walk around with baskets filled with local produce and families and friends sit on the pier and enjoy a cup of joe, or perhaps the freshly cooked Chilaquiles plate that one booth is selling for $7 as they discuss their weeks and catch up on old times. Quite the site!

Not only is the weather stellar, but its a relaxed lazy Saturday and you don't want to be anywhere but by the beautiful bay taking in the view and great company of others. We stroll thru the market, eat breakfast, buy some beautiful tulips and dried fruit and head back to Oakland a few hours later.

What an amazing way to start the weekend off in the Bay Area. I love this place.

Nico22 says:
That was my first time too! Funny how that works, heh? Yes, it runs regularly throughout the week, and I believe it runs more frequently on the weekend.
Posted on: Apr 20, 2008
worldcitizen says:
You know, I've never taken the ferry to SF. Does it run pretty regularly?
Posted on: Apr 20, 2008
voordax says:
Umm, 65 is rare for June in the city! : )
Posted on: Mar 02, 2008