week in thailand

Phuket Travel Blog

Thailand is an incredibly interesting place!

From the time we set foot in Phuket, we realised that the pace of life is much slower there and it was particularly interesting to see the reconstruction, post Tsunami. There are still areas where it looks like it did in the weeks right afterwards (rubble everywhere). nevertheless, the people are definitely to be admired for what has been achieved in such a short space of time.

later that night we went to phuket fantasea which is a cultural theme park. next day we went exploring phuket. I bought a suit - there are lots of places offering tailoring services. and later that night we got to see transvestites before they went to to their performances.

our first disappointment though was when our guide told us that we wouldnt be able to go to Phi Phi due to bad weather and very high waves between Phuket and Phi-Phi. instead, we went to Coral island. we enjoyed a jet boat ride across to the island and I tried parasailing for the first time ever. It was lots of fun!

The next day we got amazinzg thai massages. let me tell you I have never had my body cracked in so many places. Be sure to get a certified person to do it

On the negative side, i would advise single female travellers to be cautious as some roadside vendors became verbally aggressive.

photo by: Aclay01