Bangkok

Bangkok Travel Blog

in bangkok we took a ride from Tan tien to Tak sin

Bangkok now was a different story. bustling city with heaps of cars and people. honestly I was worried when we were left at our hotel (Mandarin). while it was nice, it seemed to be in a dodgy area.

But in just one short afternoon, we were able to go to the (1) Grand palace, (2) Wat Pho with the Reclining budha and (3) Wat Arun. All three were in close proximity to each other and different from each other. the Grand Palace is truly impressive and definitely worth a visit when you are in Bangkok. I liked Wat Arun because it was quieter than the other attractions and we had to take a ferry to get there. getting to the ferry involved walking through a covered area.

After Wat arun, we caught a long tailed boat to taksin, took the sky train to patpong, had dinner and then got lost in the red light district. yikes! all good though, we went window shopping at the night market and had an exciting walk back to hotel.

On our second day in bangkok, we went shopping - King power is a big spacious shopping center (service is so-so), but  my favourite was Siam  - there are like 3 shopping centers all next to each other and the quality of the items is high.

afterwards, we walked to MBK and had lunch in a great food court on the 5th floor.

in bangkok we took a ride from Ta…
Bangkok