Everybody is back:)

Charlotte Travel Blog

We are back and I havent lost anybody in the process:) We all had good time and it was a different experience for both my family and Jay's parents. My brother and my uncle were great help in Istanbul. They dropped us off anywhere we wanted and we were picked up again anytime we wanted. They made the trip more comfortable. As far as I heard from our group, the main observations were:
- History is mind-blowing.
- It was nice to sit down in the shops and to be offered tea or apple tea while shopping
- Turkish people take more time to sit down and chat over a cup of tea than Americans would do (has advantages and disadvantages of course:) )
- Traffic is a chaos but an orderly one. Everybody knows the unwritten rules of who goes first and in that chaos, somehow the traffic flows ..slow but steady..
-The cafes and restaurants we have been to had always available tables at nights. It was hard for the group to believe that there was no waiting for nice and reasonably priced restaurants during dinner time.
-Malls are a big thing in Istanbul. Besides having extensive food courts, there were nice cafes scattered around in the open areas of the malls (which makes it easy to sit down for a cup of tea anytime of the day:) )

I will ask everybody in the group to add to this list and there might be more interesting ones.

Thanks to everybody who read our blog, sent comments and smiles. I am looking forward to our next trip:)

Charlotte