Cops and the producers !

Las Vegas Travel Blog

Well, I leave for home tomorrow and arrive on saurday. It has gone really fast but it also feels like ages ago I was here in vegas last time.

Now then, I have driven us a total of 4500 miles !!! 7 states, 3 cities, 5 naional parks and about 60 hours on the road. Yes, I have been slightly over enthusiastic when it came to the speed limit at times (!!!), bu we had a lot of land to cover (why did they make it so big ?). Finnaly on our last leg from the grand canyon to Vegas, I did get pulled over by the police for doing 75 in a 65 zone. Nice copper, very friendly, but not so keen on my Nigel Mansell impresion. Arse. Got a $94 fine. Quite funny though, I pulled over then turned the engine off, then realised I couldn't get my window open, however I was worried that if i got out the car he may se this as an aggressive action and if I started the engine he may think I was doing a runner !!!~ I decided to strart the engine and it was ok. He mus hav thought we were a bit weird hough, Si was in the back sewing his trousers up and Caz was sat ni the front with a teddy on her lap !!! Crazy English !!

Bit of an odd return to vegas, went out for a bite to eat firs nifgt and then spent most of the night being sick !! Felt awful for the next 2 days. Si and Caz left on Tuesday i was weird without them. Met a couple of crazy mexicans though that night, had a few drinks with them. Not too many though for me,but they certainly did.

Last night I bought half price tickets to see 'the producers' on stage. Got o the venue and it was cancelled due to the curtain being stuck across he stage, got a ticket for tonight though. So I came back to the Plaza hotel and played 3 hours of black jack, yes, it took me that long to lose $100, it was very difficult.

So today, is packing, and I have taken Jimmy back to the rental shop, very sad to see him go, what a car !! I will hopefully put a blog on Sunday once i get back, a brief synopsis and comment on the road trip i guess and a few more photos for you to see (NO, none of them are an Arizona police photo-fit). See you all soon. And I hope you got to Tonga ok Si and Caz. xx

beanbags says:
Hi Si I,ve just caught up with you.re blogs, they make very interesting reading.A few extra titbits to what I,ve heard from Simon bought a smile to my face.I,m sooo relieved that all went well for you !!!take care robina(simons mum)
Posted on: Oct 14, 2007