Breathtaking.

Yellowstone National Park Travel Blog

mmmm ! I needed a nice hot bath.

We finnaly got into Yellowstone on Monday 10th. Before we got there we read in the paper that the weather there was alot colder at night than we had been used to, it was due to get down to freezing !! So we went to a cheap clothesstore and bought jumpers and trousers and socks to wear in our sleeping bags. And yes it was soo cold at night, I was wearing 4 pairs of socks by the last night and my feet were still cold !!

There was so much to see in Yellowstone and we fitted so much in in our 3 days, there would be so much to comment on, so it would be far easierv just to see the photos. We didn't see any bears, but loads of Bison and Elk and Dear and Moose. We saw Old Faithfull at sunset (So cool), So many geysers, the most stunning waterfalls really close up.

Amorous Bison (she ate the flowers)
Everytime we thought 'this cannot be beaten for breathtaking beauty' we would find some thing else even more so. We also met some great people at the campsite who were from England originally but now lived in canada and were Motorcycling around the Western states. Hope you had a good one folks and that you managed not fall over anymore logs !!

These 4 nights were very hard work though, at 8000 feet I even found getting out of my tent hard work at times. I did struggle and had to let Si and Caz see some sights up steep hills on there own on the last day. I was gasping for breath when I did go up steep hills, but I was so determined to see as much as possible, but I do know my limits sometimes. But the heart was okay and the lungs survived just about.

Anyway, please enjoy the photos, although I am sure they do not do some of the scenery justice. I hope to download them soon for you to see, but problems with computers and internet connection.

nyah says:
Nice to hear you're having a great time. The photos are fantastic, especially 'Crater Lake' and 'Yellow Stone'. I'm unsure whether it's the Simon, know, as he wouldn't say "I know my limits" and "Should I really be doing this?".
Posted on: Sep 19, 2007
Old Faithfull.
Old Faithfull.
The photo doesnt do it justice.
The photo doesn't do it justice.
Bacterial something or other !
Bacterial something or other !
We got so close to the waterfall.
We got so close to the waterfall.
It was hell of a hike (in the car).
It was hell of a hike (in the car).
Its not a zebra crossing !!!
It's not a zebra crossing !!!
old faithful at sunset. And no sun…
old faithful at sunset. And no su…
The Yellowstone Canyon.