Remember When...

Brussels Travel Blog

The train ride to Brussels was great because it gave me some time to reflect and process all that I had been seeing.  Belgium waffles was all the stop was for, but they were worth it 100%!!!!!  The countryside was so peaceful to look at.  Yes there were things to see, yet I couldn't grasp all of it.  I instead tried to intepret the emotions that I was experiencing:

1.  Being at peace.  I had seen so much of Paris in the days, yet for one of the few times in my life I was not restless.  This was my first real journey outside the states and I knew after those days I would never be the same.  I was thinking about this qoute:

"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living."

This change isn't something someone could see or touch.  But it brought peace to my life.

2.  Finding myself.  I knew I wanted to experience more of this.  Traveling made me come alive in ways I never knew it ever would.  I knew the change would permantly touch me and those who were in contact with me.  Maybe traveling makes us ask, "Who am I, and what do I want?"  I had been opened up to a completely different outlook on life.  I knew I wanted to enjoy the beauty of life instead of going through the emotions.  Maybe those aren't the right words.....  I wanted to learn how to live...  Living in my definition is, "challenging yourself to be something greater and experiencing the pleasures of the unknown to the fullest."

Brussels