The Microtel Experience

Inglewood Travel Blog

I called around to the hotels that I usually get a decent airline discount rate for my overnight in LAX. They were sold out. So, instead of continuing to call about, I went to priceline.com. I didn't see anything that I wanted to try out. So, onto hotels.com. I found a Microtel on Century Blvd for $90 a night. So, I booked it. Sent the confirmation email to my cell phone just in case I needed it. They charged my card before hand, which surprised me.

I couldn't get on Ted because we had a cancelled flight earlier, and the rest of the flights looked bad for standby travel. So, I went to Southwest, bought a discounted standby ticket, and away I went. Upon arrival at LAX, I went to baggage claim to find the courtesy phone for the Microtel. There wasn't one. I looked at my handy dandy email on my phone, and it didn't include the phone number. Note to self, print out phone number for hotel, just in case this happens again.

I called 411 on my T-Mobile phone, and they connected me to the Microtel, but it was the wrong number. Grrrrr... So, I while waiting under the RED sign on the curb for Hotel Courtesy Shuttles.... I pulled up their website, and got the correct number. They said it would be about 10 minutes for the van to come pick me up. Hooray.

I must say, that hotel is not in the greatest area, but there really isn't a lot of great areas around LAX anyway. There is a hamburger place a half a block down the street, and a couple blocks is a Pollo Loco Restaurant. Both within walking distance.

The room is very large, I was given the handicap room, so I don't know if it is much different than a non handicap room. There is a microwave, Fridge, Sink, reading bench next to the window. A large TV and desk. They classify this as a suite, and for $90 it's not bad. It was a little musty until I turned on the air conditioning.

The shuttle bus back to the airport runs on the half hour, and not every half hour. Since my flight leaves at 545 am I am going to aim for the 330 shuttle, though I know it will be too early. The front desk clerk, offered me the wake up call at 3 am. I will miss the breakfast in the lobby, but that early I'm not usually too hungry anyway.

The hotel is very secure, I noticed. clean, and quiet.

Yes, I would recommend this hotel.

Inglewood Hotels & Accommodations review
This hotel is quiet, and convenient to LAX. They have a courtesy shuttle to/from LAX, large rooms, complimentary wireless internet in the rooms. Roo… read entire review