Victoria Falls.

Livingstone Travel Blog

River Rainbows

If you are so lucky to find yourself at the Falls you will want to return there always and forever more into the arms of the Zambezi. The waterfall’s mist rises up to heaven and that’s where this place belongs. It is Africa’s adventure capital with bungee jumping and of course white water rafting

It gets better for you adrenalin junkies - if you are approached by locals offering to take you above the falls to swim have faith and trust your instincts. There are rock pools carved by the passage of time with such names as “The Devils Armchair” and “The Angel’s Wings”. Here above the Falls you can bathe like a king or queen beneath river rainbows.

Having said that it is also possible to lay flat and stretch your body out into the waterfall. The Angel’s Wings pool interior is shaped like a bowl allowing one person to brace their legs against the edge while holding their companions ankles.

Rock Pools - Couldn't bring my camera because we had to swim up the Zambezi and float down - From a distance then.
It’s the ultimate trust exercise ��" I bet you all wish your company would organize a trip. Someone held me and I held someone - we would never let go. Hanging over the edge and peering into the abyss fills you with emotion AHHHHHHHHH YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS

On the Zimbabwean side people have the illusion of someone jumping into the falls if you plunge into the pools from the rock outcrops. It’s good to watch their faces even if it’s a bit cruel.

Livingstone itself is a sleepy town but it has a style and I guess that’s for you to discover.

Tips:

It’s nice to cross to Zimbabwe to have a perspective from the other side and vice versa.

The Funky Monkey for food - simple but tasty.

River Rainbows
Rock Pools - Couldnt bring my cam…
Rock Pools - Couldn't bring my ca…
Going Down...Bungeeeeeeeeeeee