A few days in Goulburn

Goulburn Travel Blog

The Goulburn Brewery

My family met me off the train at Campbelltown station, we then drove to Mittagong, one of the gorgeous little towns in the Southern Highlands of New South Wales for lunch, and a bit of a shop, (there seems to be a pattern developing here).

It has been a couple of years since I visited the family in Goulburn, there have not been too many changes. The one change is that The Big Merino moved to the edge of town, it is now in a better spot for the tourist to see it. Goulburn use to get all the through traffic from the snowfields in NSW, but the highway bypasses Goulburn now and the traffic drives right by. Therefore, the Big Merino, a giant sheep otherwise known as a tourist trap, moved home and relocated to the edge of town, near McDonalds.

On Saturday morning my nephew Luke played his game of soccer (football to any Europeans out there), which was a draw at two all.

I have fallen in love with my nephews new little dog Ellie, although she did tear up a pair of my pants, they were my good travelling pants, you know the type that don’t crease and are so comfortable to wear on planes. Naughty doggie! Still, how could I stay angry with her?

Tuesday found me on yet another train headed back to Sydney to stay with an old friend of my mothers...

Luke chasing the ball.