Brunch at Bronte Beach

Sydney Travel Blog

Bronte Beach rock pool

The one thing I just had to do in Sydney this time round was brunch at Bronte Beach. This is a must do if you ever come to Sydney. There are a half a dozen cafes along the strip at Bronte, all overlooking the stunning beach. Both my cousin Marie and I had the poached eggs with mushrooms and roasted tomatoes, I enjoyed a delicious Chai Tea and Marie had a coffee.

After brunch, we strolled along the beach and took in the beautiful vista. There is a rock pool at most of the beaches in Sydney’s east and Bronte is no different. The pools are fantastic if you like the ocean but want to swim laps. Bronte usually has three rips and can be quite dangerous. There is something like 127 rescues a year keeping the lifesavers busy.

Looking north to Bronte Beach
Sir Charles Kingsford Smith, the world famous aviator was one of the first people rescued by the surf club and he was to die in the sea 20 years later.

For a while, we watched an old man with a metal detector fossicking on the beach and he seemed to be doing all right.

Marie was trying to figure out which house might belong to Sarah O’Hare and Lachlan Murdoch, we just picked one of the more stunning homes and decided it was that one, but we really had no idea.

Brunch at Bronte is one of the things I really miss about living in Sydney. I use to nanny for a little girl every Friday a few years ago and one of my nanny friends and I use to take our little girls there once in a while for babyccinos and a play in the park, in summertime there is a little train for the kids to play on. It is a great place to take a family or go for a romantic lunch with that someone special. The parking can be a real nightmare though especially if you go on the weekend. This was the first time I had to pay for parking there and I nearly fell over when we had to pay $4.20 per hour. What the?!?

Even though it was a cold winter’s day, we could not have asked for better weather. It was beautiful and sunny and the only time we felt the cold was when we were in the shadow.

Rock wall at Bronte Beach
Bonte Beach rock pool
Bonte Beach rock pool
Bronte Beach Rock pool
Bronte Beach Rock pool
Looking South East across the Paci…
Looking South East across the Pac…
Bronte Beach Rock Pool