Back in Sydney

Sydney Travel Blog

Cronulla Beach

I arrived back into Sydney bright and early, and as Robin was not expecting me until late in the afternoon, I called my friend Caroline to see if she was home. Caroline was indeed home, her son was off school with the flu, so I enjoyed the day with Caroline and her two beautiful children.

I came back to Sydney to visit Robin, one of my mums’ good friends. It was great to catch up with Robin, her son Daniel, his wife Shannon and their children Jack and Olivia. Robin, Shannon, Jack, Olivia and I spent a lovely afternoon down at Cronulla Beach.

An audience of seagulls
The kids had a little play on the swings and we wondered along the boardwalk and enjoyed the view and the fabulous weather.

Everywhere I went I had fantastic weather. When I first arrived, everyone told me how Sydney had been having terrible weather with lots of rain, but it really put on a show for me. Mind you, the day I arrived was the coldest day in 21 years, it still felt warm to me after coming from Hobart though.

My last few days in Sydney were luxuriously lazy; the most I exerted myself was to throw the ball for the dog in the back yard. I have to say though, that dog is like the energiser bunny, it never gives up. The thing I hate about throwing balls to dogs is the ball always ends up all slobbery and the last thing you want to do is touch it. Yuk! I ended up just kicking it (the ball that is, not the dog).

It is nice being back in my own home but I do miss Sydney. Who knows, I may end up living back there one day.

The kids on the swings