Skiing

Hermagor Travel Blog

OK, I've moaned a lot about the hotel but one thing was great -  its location.  A few steps out the door and your at the ski lift (a cable car) which takes you right to the top, which I think is called Madritsche (or you can get out at a middle point).  Its quite a long trip to the top, but its in a cable car so its comfortable!  I've been skiing for a while, but still manage to get lost without a map (so if your like me, have one with you, you can pick them up free at the hotel).

Basically spent the whole day skiing - Nassfelds not huge and if your dedicated you can pretty much cover the whole resort in a day.  The slopes are nice, lifts are good too (the best lift is lift 20 up from Mossern - its got multicoloured heated seats).  At the end of the day you can either get the cable car back or ski the Carnia slope right back to your front door.  Only trouble was, we were there in Easter and although this slope was OK during the first few days, the snow at the bottom started to melt so we had so ski through mud, grass + gravel (shit for your skis) towards the bottom, following narrow strips of remaining snow.  Towards the end of the holiday the snow had practically vanished completely from the bottom of the slope and we had to get the cable car back down (usually from the middle station).

off piste exploration