Getting Ready For A Weekend in Penang

Penang Travel Blog

It all started with a promo flight from Jetstar. And friend's request for a weekend trip.

I normally travel during October because it is my birthmonth. It was such a perfect timing for this trip. First, I booked my flight with Jetstar for only below 100 SGD and that was already return ticket. Secondly, I got an a day worth of vacation since I worked during Hari Rayah holiday. This means I didn't necessary apply for a leave from work. Third, we got a very good rate from Tune Hotel. It only cost us below 50 SGD each for a three night stay. True to their word, they have 5 star bed for a 1 star price.

I have been a sucker for anything declared by UNESCO as heritage site, Georgetown (downtown Penang) has been declared as a world heritage and since it is very near Singapore, I just have to see it.

Oct 8, that was the day before we go to Penang. Our flight was at 7 AM the following day. By 11:30 PM, I was still out, just finished watching STOMP with some dear friends. I have not done any packing yet. I am known to people for being a very organized traveler. This time I had to break that. It's just for a weekend anyway and if I missed to bring anything essential, there would be a 7eleven in Penang to cater for my needs. :)

I arrived at home together with a friend who would joined me to this trip at around past midnight. I got done with stuffing my backup with anything that I think would be necessary for this trip at around 2 AM. So there, we got 3 more hours before we went to the airport. We managed to catch 1 hour worth of good sleep, then my alarm fired and it was a signal to head to Changi Airport Terminal 1.

Having no enough sleep, I was like a walking zombie when we checked in for our less than 1 hour and 30 minutes flight to Penang from Singapore.
Penang Hotels & Accommodations review
Tune Hotel Penang is part of a hotel chain which is owned by Air Asia company. For the Tune Hotel Penang, it is centrally located. Very near to the fr… read entire review
Penang