le bum.

Paris Travel Blog

Arc de Triumphe!

Today we ascended the Tour Eiffel.. we got there early so as to avoid the crowds which good, though it was a little foggy, so our photos didn't turn out so well.. Otherwise the view was spectacular! AND there was an ice-skating rink set up on the first level! Went on it for about half an hour, but the ice was so shit and cut up by kids digging their grips into it that it wasn't as brilliant as I thought it would be..

We then visited the Arc du Triumphe, which isn't anywhere nearly as exciting as it's made out to be when you get close up to it. Especially after the Louvre and Versailles.

Then down Champs elysees (OMG!LOVE) to the Obelisk where all the public beheadings took placeduring the revolution - including Marie Antoinette and King Louis XVI.. Mum then inisted on going to Chinatown, but it was simply suburbia with a few chinese resteruants.

Heading towards Tullieres
. so we went back to Opera.

So yeah.. back to Galleries Lafayette, then dinner and a walk through Pigalle at night. XD even though dad was with two women, sex touts kept trying to sell him tickets to various strip shows and revues. Quite entertaining as mum and dad were I think seriously considering it until they saw that I was feeling particularly overwhelmed by the whole situation, mistook my overwhelmingness for innocent prudishness and decided that it was time to metro it back to the hotel.

I have also realised that the metro at the Pigalle smells like bum. Not arse bum, but homeless, sleep outside 24hour Maccas bum. So, like urine, sweat and feet.

And it's subtle too.. One minute all is good, and the nest - BAM!

Bumarama.