EEE!

Paris Travel Blog

Artist's Square, Montmarte

I absolutely effing LOVE Paris!!

It's so adorably quaint, but so lively and vibrant with something always drawing one's attention. It's fascinating. The people may not be out of their way friendly like the Turks, but they aren't outright rude like the Romans were.

We met with Judy and Philippe this morning.. they're taking us to Versailles on Sat, so yay!!

Montmatre'd it up today - we went to the Sacre Coeur (beautiful murals - like Aya Sofia before it topped being in use - gold leaf and stained glass EVERYWHERE!). Then carried onto the artist's square - it's a little smaller than I expected, but no matter - there's still some amazing talent going on. Many portrait touts who claim that I'm "Tres belle" and "would make a wonderful model" and insist on drawing my portrait.

Artist's Square, Montmarte
. but I have a feeling that they say that to every young woman who pops through!

walked around the streets a bit - through the Pigalle (wow. SO many sex shops selling "poppers" (various arousal tablets) and lap dancers, peep shows for 2 euro! crazy!)
We posed a bit around the Moulin Rouge.. I'm a tad dissappointed actually.. thought it would be a little more.. extravagant. I dono. the windmill was poorly made and no elephant in sight! hehe! We'll be going for a show later this week tho, because there's no way in hell I'm missing out on that!

walked through a few back streets a little longer by myself as mum and dad were a bit tired from the flight and the early start. Am really loving Montmatre.. It's just so vibrant and friendly. We're staying pretty much directly at the bottom of the Sacre Coeur hill so I have a brilliant view of it!

I may have also indulged in macaroons for dinner. Ces't la vie, eh?! ^_~

Artists Square, Montmarte