Huh?

Marion Travel Blog

There are always random things on the side of the road in Ohio. Every time I have driven through a part of the state, I have witnessed odd things. Like a bonsai street vendor. Wait. Bonsai? In Ohio?

There's also a two-story-tall inflatable man! He's not seasonal or temporary either, I've seen him in multiple years. I'm not sure what his purpose is, but he does lend himself nicely to photoshopping... :o) Along that same stretch, heading north toward Lake Erie, there's a pond with a diving board. Looked like a 3m spring board to me. I had no idea people did that.

Taking Interstate 70 east from Columbus toward Indianapolis, there is a long series of billboards proclaiming religious messages. "Jesus is real," for example. A reasonable point of view in my opinion. I was surprised to see him advertising, though. : D  One is also confronted with a plethora of antique shops. Not even shops, really, they are whole malls. I guess that's not that weird, but there are so many! Who knew there was such high demand for antiques on the way to the Indiana border?

I feel reasonably certain there have been other things. I'll try to add them as they pop back into my memory....
PhinsAndGills says:
I LOVE IT! I live very close to there. I've been on the diving board you're talking about and bought a tree from the "man in the van". Did you see the grapevine tree guy, too?
Posted on: Aug 07, 2007