Beach bum

Puerto Galera Travel Blog

It was a lazy Saturday morning. The supposed plan is a weekend getaway to Puerto Galera, Mindoro. With my travel buddy, Aira, we hop on a bus to Batangas Pier then a boat to White Beach in Puerto Galera.  Oh we dropped by the mall first to buy her a bikini!

We were a little disappointed when we first set foot on the shores of White beach.  The place were flooding with people swimming side by side with the docking pump boats.  I was really shocked with how the place have changed in 5 or 6 years since I last went there.  It had really evolve from the simple barbeques to a chain of restobars.

We met a wasted young American guy who hates his travel buddies, hates the place, hates the experience,  and is beginning to hate the country! To cut the long story short we invited him to come see the Philippines (what it really has to offer) with us. With two sets of clothing and a pair of bikini we we made our way from Puerto Galera to Calapan then to Roxas.  A ferry ride to Caticlan then a short boat trip to Boracay island (routing courtesy of a friendly local waitress).

Since no one had anticipated that a 2 day trip in Galera will turn out to be a week long beach spree in Boracay, we have nothing. No camera, no charger, no cellphone!  Just so you'll have an idea of what the island looks like, i took the liberty to paste in photo of my previous trip hehehe

201 km (125 miles) traveled