Casting Away in Sempu Island

Sempu Travel Blog

started trekking from Teluk Semut

Sendang Biru was very close to Sempu. I think swimming was possible option to reach Sempu from SB. Hehehe.. *should try for another chance!! :p  Crossing Sempu after having breakfast in SB, it was only about 10 minutes with a round crossing the sea to Teluk Semut. Please wear only short (or if you’d like, a hot pants) since the boat couldn’t reach the beach. We had to walk a bit with the salt water as high as our thigh. No wave, so it was easy to do.

From Teluk Semut to Segara Anakan was about 1-1.5 hours easy trekking (plus one point or two with difficult - sloping tracks). Bringing those camping necessities would be another story, it was quite burdening and asked us a few breaks.

my buddies
No porter was available for your baggage, but our group specially ordered meals and gallons of mineral water to the local people so they brought those to the camping ground a few hours later (for certain price and fee).

Teluk Semut was beautiful for me, but Segara Anakan was much more beautiful!! Here was the camping ground with blue lagoon and high blockading rock around. All exhaustion was erased as I saw the blue sky, turquoise water, white sands and yellow rocks mended in perfect composition. Thank for Mother Nature that keep this island isolated and relatively hard to reach. Wish all visitors keep it as it was in future.

Being lazy in the white sand beach, what we did as we arrived. We thought it would be more comfortable to snorkel later as the sun lower. But I lost that chance, the water got lessen as the time went by. It was just getting thinner in few hours. About at 5-7 pm, you could reach the mid of lagoon just by walking, no swimming, with water only on your knees. You might explore the reef and hiding fishes closer that time. Seem the tide was in morning to afternoon only.

keep trekking