The Hills are Alive with the Sound of, well, Music

Salzburg Travel Blog

For those of you who are unaware, Salzburg is the place where Maria took to those hills and sung her little heart out. Possibly the one claim to fame of this lovely little city that and being the birthplace of Mozart, they really do cash in on it. Mozart chockies, Sound of Music tours etc. I actually wish I had gone on it I'm embarrassed to say. The hostel was even into it. Everday at 10:30am they would show the dear film and yes we did watch it...twice. Come on! You know you love it!

If it is possible, Trace and I did less here than we had in any other city. We sat around most of the time in cafes people watching which is always fun. We did hire bike for half a day and ended up only ridding them for about 1 hour and watching them for the rest. Oh yeah and we did go to a pretty cool beer hall. A former monastery turned brewery. You bought your ceramic mug then went to a trough to wash it, then you got your beer. Pretty cool and probably the best beer I've tasted so far on this trip. Trace also got the best burger of the trip here as well. I do recommend if ever you're passing through. That and singing along to 'I am 16 going on 17'.... :)

Salzburg