Canberra invasion in Amsterdam

Amsterdam Travel Blog

Today was the long awaited arrival of Dom, Rogan and James to the (not so) fair city of Amsterdam. We didn´t really know how or when they were getting in and if they were even coming at all. The stupid dutch phones were useless and we ended up just hoping they would arrive and regular patrols of the place. It was a pretty interesting wait. Freakin Bob (hostel bloke) said he wouldn´t hold the rooms and we needed to pay now. Felt like it was some sort of mafia deal - 'get za money to me within half an hour' - literally!

They did eventually arrive and took the liberty of showing us their filthy, mouldy towels as souvenier of their travels. We headed out to Anne Frank´s house but with the end of the line out of sight we decided to give the paddleboats a go. All was going well, dodging barges, but then it was time to swap drivers. Somehow it turned out that Trace and I were paddling the 3 boys the rain much to the amusement (and feminist disgust) of passers by. Needless to say, the boys were loving it and Trace and I burnt off all the waffels, frites and probably the last 10 meals.

Night came and what else to do but find the Red Light district. We had to ask for directions I might add. Really not that confronting. Saturday night, 1am, you´d think it would be going off. Most of the girls were just sitting back with cups of tea or on the phone. Not much raunch at all. We couldn´t even find Rogan his big african-american mama. Such a shame. He was really looking forward to it :) We did see the biggests boobs we´d even seen. Not sure how she was vertical but geez they were freakin massive. Nice end to the evening that one.

photo by: pearcetoyou