Day 5- Paris At Last

Paris Travel Blog

Michael and Reuben take our bus on the Charles de Gaulle Etoile to circle around the Arc de Triopmhe

The drive into Paris took forever. When we arrived at the hotel I was surprised. There was a man on the ground who had been in a traffic accident (I think he was dead) and not too far away there was a chick fight. Welcome to the Parisian ghetto.

Not too long after we arrived we met downstairs for dinner. We ate at a nearby Italian restaurant as a group. Italian food in Paris, gotta love it. Actually, it was good. I'm not complaining. We took off for our Paris Illuminations tour. Reuben, our drive took us all throughout the city and showed us some amazing things. He took our coach through the Charles deGaulle Etoile around the Arc de Triomphe, through the tunnel where Princess Diana died and through the horse stables at the Louvre. That man is quite impressive. He defied the laws of physics behind that bus.

Tonight a group of us went to the closest bar to our hotel. Yikes! I got hit on by 4 sleazy old French men and one even tried diving me a rose. I rejected of course. He turned around and gave it to Sarah.

Drinks were only 5€ so I was good to go. 20€ later I was all set.

Miles Traveled: 244 by bus & ferry
Sights Seen: White Cliffs of Dover
Expenditures: 20€ for drinks, 7.50€ for lunch

Michael and Reuben take our bus o…
Notre Dame at Night