Brad: A Short Diversion

Vienna Travel Blog

Vienna International
Less than 24 hours after being told that the compnay was not sending anybody to Russia I find myself in the salubrious surroundings of the Austrian Airways Business Lounge in Vienna International, en-route to the charming Russian city of Krasnodar with all its Cossack charms. I wasn't sure whether I should include a personal sojourn on this communal blog but I thought today's peripateticism was worthy of mention, if not interest.

It is the first time that I've flown into Vienna during the day (I've still not set foot outside the transfer lounge) and it looks like a very pleasant city. The approach takes you right over the city and you can clearly identify the large cathedraland government buildings. You can also make out a massive ferris wheel that I was hoping was the famous one from "The Third Man". It certainly looks like a good spot for a weekend's fistivities.

On a more rickshaw based riff I blew £50 in Blacks yesterday buying all sorts of crap that I don't need and probably wont be able to fit into my rucksack. At the moment I think I need to add a handheld fan and a packet of antihistamine cream to my already bulging sack (no sniggering Hedley). If anybody has any comments on what would be useful to take on a tricylic traverse of India please add a comment.

I'm off for a Steffl and a strudel. Next stop Krasnodar.

P.S. Sorry again Caz!