Benja: The Route

London Travel Blog

With just over a week till we saddle up and launch off into the sunset, its time to introduce the route we're taking.

I have included a giant chipmunk so you can get an idea of the scale of this epic journey. Navigation should just require a compass, and the plan is to head directly west from Chennai till we hit what looks like another ocean. We'll then stop and have a bit of a rest, maybe a beer, then head north along the coast till we hit Mumbai. Or somewhere that looks like Mumbai. Or somewhere that serves beer will do.

Easy peasy. All this talk of GPS coordinates and medical packs is overblown in my opinion, all you need is a compass, bottle opener and a pair of spare socks. And maybe a hat. Yup, that should do it, next stop a nice goat vindaloo....

Dippy says:
Hope all is going well with you guys and that you have got off to a good start, despite the monsoon!! Trust David to arrive when all the hard work has been done claiming 'some big deal' was going down!!
Take care ya'all. Dippy (aka David's mum).
Posted on: Aug 06, 2007
light-house says:
Good luck you crazy bunch of Ghandi worshipers! Don't forget your supply of Tesco's finest toilet roll as the local material is akin to Handy Andy's Coarse Grade Sandpaper. I speak from experience after what I can only recall as a toilet stop on a 12 month RTW trip!! Lighthouse.
Posted on: Aug 03, 2007