EuropeItalyRome

The Prologue

Rome Travel Blog

This picture is taken at the Seattle Tacoma International airport. Our BA flight just arrived from Heathrow. Next to it is Delta's competing Heathrow service.

Whilst most people think of 1st January as the start of the year, but also the time when the holiday season ends, the monotony starts, early morning winter school runs, etc., the nicest thing for me is that I think of it as the time to start planning. Planning my European vacations for the year. I pick 2-3 spots and plan on spreading it over the two trips. For the longest time, Prague was always on the list. Some of my good friends (I'd made from Tripadvisor) had visited it and since then, I always wanted to see it. Rome, meanwhile, was on top of Sandhya's list, but more in a "check-off the bucket list" kind of way. So after dabbling between various options including Austria and Portugal (Sandhya didn't seem too keen on Portugal!), we decided now was the time go with checking Rome off both our bucket lists, and venturing into Eastern Europe with our foray to Prague. Oh, and there's England. And I've already blogged about it!

So back to the current day - we chose the BA evening flight and took the shuttle. Traffic was a mess but we did eventually make it on time, and were sitting next to a TV crew (UK) I think, as they were talking lots about TV and how TV shows are shot in the US vs the UK, etc. etc. Our BA plane was parked next to the new Delta service to LHR so that was kinda cool! There was a Condor as well. Emirates was leaving as we came to the International terminal.

Dinner was amazing - 3 rasmalais for dessert! Gotta love BA's Indian menu! Watched that Exotic Marigold Hotel film which was average. Breakfast was awful - a muffin, packed fruits and orange juice (!!) but flight landed after the traditional circling around LHR for roughly 20 minutes.

HelenP says:
Well done Vikram :-)
halilee says:
Congrats on your featured blog!! :D
rsvpme says:
Congratulations on a weekend feature........one day earlier, would have made the July 4th celebrations!
Posted on: Jul 05, 2014
This picture is taken at the Seatt…
This picture is taken at the Seat…
Rome