Meeting Two More TravBuddies

Washington Travel Blog

Lunch with X_Drive and Hummingbird

On Friday I had the pleasure to meet two more TravBuddies: Roger (X_Drive) and Judy (Hummingbird). They are on a  coast-to-coast road trip from California to visit states in the Northeast. Roger and I had exchanged messages before their trip. They arrived in the Washington area on Thursday afternoon and Roger called. We arranged to meet on Capitol Hill around Noon. They weather really cooperated and a beautiful sunny day was in store.

I was glad to learn they negotiated the REX bus along Richmond Highway from their motel to the Huntington Metro station and then to L'Enfant Plaza. We met outside the Library of Congress' Madison Building. I suggested lunch at Sizzling Express, a place I often recommend to visitors. I think there is something for everyone to enjoy there. We had a chance to talk over lunch and to get to know one another. I learned of Roger's insterest in baseball and that he and Judy were Anaheim Angel's Booster's when they lived in Orange County. After lunch, we walked back to the US Capitol building, while taking the required TravBuddy photos. I made a few suggestions on sights to see and returned to work. Roger and Judy were going to focus on the National Mall for the afternoon, and hoped to see the monuments on Saturday. I enjoyed meeting X_Drive and Hummingbird and hope they will have a safe and pleasurable trip.

jethanad says:
Hi Andy,

I am so glad you guys met and had a good time together. Had you warned me earlier, I too would have loved to meet up with them. Aah well, next time.
Posted on: May 21, 2010
A sunny day at the Supreme Court
A sunny day at the Supreme Court
Washington Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Something for everyone at Sizzling Express
I often recommend Sizzling Express to visitors in Washington, DC. The casual restaurant offers a large salad bar and hot buffet with a variety of dish… read entire review
Washington