Meeting TravBuddy Harriet

Washington Travel Blog

Harriet (Africancrab) and her family

On Wednesday I had the pleasure of meeting TravBuddy Africancrab (Harriet) and her family. I calculate that Harriet is the fifteenth TravBuddy I have met in person. We had arranged to meet for lunch in Washington, DC, at the National Musuem of the American Indian.

Harriet is in the Washington region for an extended summer stay. Her husband, Mark, has a temporary work assignment in the area. They have certainly used their stay to advantage and begun seeing the sights with great gusto. I had already been folowing their regional travels in Washington and Baltimore via Harriet's blogs. We both agreed that one needs to travel around one's own area to thoughly see the local sights.

Meeting Harriet
 How else can one appreciate travel to more distant places and give recomendations to visitors? When I commented on her extensive Arizona travel blogs, she said she had almost exauasted her home state of Arizona! Then there is New Mexico to take on, I replied!

The five of us had lunch at the Mitsitam Cafe in the museum. I learned a bit about Harriet's background (she is from Uganda and lived in London for a number of years).  When time came for me to leave, Harriet and company were ready to explore the museum and then move on to more sights like the National Air and Space Musuem and the Library of Congress. They plan to visit Shenandoah National park in Virignia and I suggested they visit the Smithsonian Folklife Festival in progress on the National Mall. There is no stopping Harriet and her family!

missandrea81 says:
I'm jealous. lol Everyone gets to meet Harriet. ;)
Posted on: Jun 28, 2012
Harriet (Africancrab) and her fami…
Harriet (Africancrab) and her fam…
Washington Sights & Attractions review
A curiously interpreted museum
The National Museum of the American Indian became a striking new addition to the Smithsonian museums on the National Mall when it opened in 2004. The … read entire review
Washington Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Native American Inspired Cuisine at Mitsitam Cafe
Mitsitam Cafe in the National Museum of the American Indian is unique among museum cafeterias. The cafe carries the theme of the museum to a new level… read entire review
Washington