EuropeFranceLyon

Day 3: Paris to Lyon

Lyon Travel Blog

Arrived in Lyon (pronounced Lee-yon) and set up the tents which were wet from the night before.  Started raining while we were setting up which made it more difficult.  Were dropped off in the city of Lyon and given a couple of hours free time.  Two other girls, Anita and Leisel joined Alicia, Skye, Sam and I in the search for food.  Couldn't find anything reasonable - finally ended up at a pizza shop in one of the side streets.  We ordered and the guy told us it would be about 5 mins.  40 mins later we had our pizza's.  I was so frustrated!  Because we had spent so long waiting for these pizza's, all the shops in the main street were closed.  I was so annoyed as this was the first time i have seen a heap of shops that i actually wanted to look at.  Got back to camp and had a lukewarm shower - had not had a shower in a day and a half and felt absolutely feral.  Washed my hair and felt much better.  We sat up for a little while but because of the rain, most people went to bed.  Had a good sleep and woke up with slugs all over the outside of the tent.  So gross!  Was being taunted about my night in Paris - Sam tell me i tried to dive inside the tent while it was still zipped up.  Apparently shortly after that i was crawling on the ground outside.  Sam tells me i was giving Matt (tour guide) a heap of shit about being 'excited'.  For the first part of the tour all he has said is "Are you excited?!".  As well i this, i was pestering him about Joan of Ark.  Cannot remember the last two hours of my night which is saying something.
Lyon