Day 2: Paris

Paris Travel Blog

Had our free day today in Paris.  After we walked up the Eiffel Tower, we went to the Arc Die Triumph, the Opera House and the Louvre.  Estimated we walked about 20kms not including the Eiffel Tower of walking around inside places.  We all got baguettes from this little patisserie - went to get a camembert one but there were none left so i just point to one that looked like salad and the guy picks it up and starts speaking full french and pointing to the baguette - had no idea what he was saying so just said yes.  Got outside and realised what he had been trying to tell me - that there was tuna on it (which i don't eat).  Alicia offered to swap so i was very appreciative!  All the toilets over here don't have toilet seats - my thighs will be steel by the time i get home!

Sam and i spent the whole day with two other girls - Alicia and Skye - both from Australia and absolutely lovely.  Think we will continue to spend time with them as we all get on really well.

Ended back at a park near the Eiffel Tower for a champagne dinner at 7pm.  Dani, the chef put on an awesome spread and we got to try snails.  Not that bad suprisingly.  Had a bit of caviar and almost spewed - mild taste my butt!  Went on a cruise down the River Seine but by this stage everyone had had a few champers and weren't really checking out the sites.  Went to the campsite bar after and completely wrote myself off.  Quite embarrassing really.

Perception of Paris:

- Beautiful city with some rude people

- Amazing architecture