Driving to Great Falls.

Great Falls Travel Blog

Me, my folks, their Shih-tzu and my Chihuahua all set out in the 35 foot motorhome on our long trek from Bismarck to Great Falls to visit family and go to a family wedding.  We left pretty early in the morning knowing it was going to be a long drive.

Our first stop was the Flying J gas station right out of Beach, ND.  We filled up gas, got some breakfast and then we were off.  You can definately tell where North Dakota ends and Montana begins.  North Dakota is flat as a pancake and you can usually get a straight road then there's Montana....hills, mountains and windy roads.  The weather was hot (100 degrees and up!) and the motorhome had a hard time staying cool.

We got to Great Falls after about 8 or 9 hours driving and a 1 hour time zone difference.  We stayed at Dick's RV Park which is a little confusing on how to get there (you can see it but the entrance is hidden!) we had full hookups, 60+ channels with cable, wireless internet (for a charge of $2/day) and we were right next to the pet area which was great!

That evening we hit up a bar/restaurant just down the road with some family and I of course can't remember the name of it for the life of me but it had a 50's theme in the restaurant area and the bar area was pretty big.  It was nice but still was super hot outside so of course it was pretty warm in there.

That was our first day/night in Great Falls!

Great Falls Hostels review
We stayed here for a couple nights and it was decent. We had full hookups and a pull thru site. We were right next to the pet walking area which was… read entire review
Great Falls