Back in Ami

Ami Travel Blog

Martin and I caught the first ferry to Wakkanai. I am now back in Ami and Martin is making his way to Tokyo. The ferry ride was beautiful and we could see Rishiri –zan for the entire ride.

When we got to Wakkanai, Martin headed for the train station and I went to an onsen for a couple of hours before I headed to the station. The airport onsen was very nice. For 1,000 you get two towels, a bathrobe, and you can spend as much time as you want in the onsen. The onsen had four baths: a bubble bath, a hot bath, a medium-hot bath, and an amazing outdoor bath on a patio. I spent an hour and a half at the onsen and then I headed to the airport.

My flight was fine and I caught the bus heading for the Hitachi-no-ushiku station at the airport. The bus ride was LONG because everyone was leaving Tokyo. I think it took us about forty minutes to get out of the city. On the plus side, we could see the fireworks from on of the summer festivals while we were stuck in traffic. Matt picked me up from the bus station and took me home.

It was an amazing trip and if I get the chance I will be visiting more of Hokkaido again. The next time, I will rent a car so I can visit more of the national parks.

photo by: ErinPatty