My experience in Salamanca

Salamanca Travel Blog

For two  years I have been visiting cities all around Spain and I must say that after spending a day in Salamanca I would rank it on the very top of the list. I got up early so I could take some early day photos. From Madrid it takes  you not longer than 2 hours (about 250kms).  The roads to get there are not that fast, as there is no direct highway from Madrid. Before getting there it is advisable to get a hold of a map so you plan your visit in advance.

Salamanca is not that big, so If you just want to get an idea on how it is, with one day you see most of it. If you drive there, just park the car outside the city. There is a good parking place in “Puente Enrique Esteban”.
And then from there you can start your visit. Everything is walking distance so  you need no vehicle to move around. By the way, there is a fun train that takes you all around the city. As today was not that hot, I just walked.

I often heard that there are tons of students in Salamanca and it was right! Surprisingly I came across many Americans. Universities in Salamanca have the best
 reputation in Spain and there are tons of studens around. They also say that night life is amazing there, but to tell you the truth I still haven´t had the chance to experience it (just give me a couple of weeks hahahh). What I couldn´t find is a good restaurant around. All of them looked  very tourist oriented, but nothing fancy and with personality. Well I guess I didn´t explore that much anyways.

You will find cathedrals, places, churches and other buildings of artisitc styles such as romanesque, gothic, plateresque and barroque. I recommend you to go to “Plaza Mayor” and have a nice cold beer sat on one of the many terraces  you will find there. It is worthwile!