Quaint little town

Geneva Travel Blog

I came to Geneva because it was the closest city to Paris that had a first class ticket back to the States.  I thought it would be a good idea to explore and see what Geneva can offer.  Geneva is known for wealth and money, but it is the hardest place to find an ATM.  I am a big believer that signs never lie and that signs can be more trustful that directions from a human.  I was wrong because signs are only reliable as the human that place it.

It is EXPENSIVE here.   Not for the faint of heart.  I had a plate of plain fried rice and it was equal to 12USD.  If there was another place open that late in the evening (8-ish) I wouldn't have complained as much.

Lake Geneva was beautiful. I was there on a cloudy day, but I am almost 100% sure that the Alps surrounds the lake.  There is an English garden there and even in the middle of winter, the colors were vibrant and makes the area alot of freshness.

A few blocks away is Old Town.  The cobblestone walkways brings alot of character to this part of town.  I felt like I was in a medieval time being surrounded by all these old buildings.  There is a restaurant there called "Madeleine's" that serves half a chicken and a veggie for under 13EUR.  Wow! That is was the cheapest thing yet.

Sunday the city was dead... so I can't tell you much.