Back in Brussels and hungry for Chocolates

Brussels Travel Blog

Bruges - The Church of our Lady
After a pleasant train journey back to Brussels we decided to walk back to the centre and check out some of the chocolatiers and the pissing boy fountain. Belgium is fairly easy to get round and walking is the best way, plus with the amount of chocolate and beer we were guzzling, we needed burn off thoses caleries!!!

The first stop were the chocolaiters (of course!) and I recomend a trip to Godiva and Neuhaus as these are the best, and are located on the Galeries St-Hubert, in downtown Brussels. The only problem, if you are like me, a chocolatoilc, is not buying the entire shop and eating it all in one go!!

Next stop the pissing boy, to be honest I remember this being a little bit bigger and was disapointed at how small he was, but that didn't stop be taking pictures after I'd pushed my way the the front. After our pics oppertunaty we headed off to the le grande sqaure muching, (yes more food),on a belgium waffle lightly dusted with icing sugar (yummy), well when in Rome!! I must see say that the le garnde square was in fact very grande and we got to see a matching band playing.

So next after that was a rest and can you guess? Yes more beer and a well deserved rest and watch the world go by.
Bruges - cobbled stone road

Day one of our weekend break Justine suggested that we go to Brugge.  Burgge is one of Europe's most important landmarks as the city centre has hardly changed since the Middle Ages. so with a heartly breakfast inside us we headed off to find the train station which was a 20 min walk away from our hotel.  Again we had problems with the ticket machine so decided to hop onto the train and pay if an inspector comes along.  The train joinery itself took about 50 minutes but it didn't seem that long as I was enjoying the beautiful countryside.

Burgge itself was delightfully beautiful and has most of its medieval architecture intact. There are many beautiful medieval buildings, including the Church of our Lady, whose brick spire - at 122m - makes it one of the world's highest brick towers/buildings!  well worth a look.

Bruges

After a busy morning of sight seeing and photographic opportunities we decide to head off for lunch and I wanted Justine to taste her first Fruit beer (have been banging on about strawberry beer for a while now) We decided on Raspberry beer as strawberry was not available and plate of frites but was disappointed when told that they can't serve frites alone they have to come with a meal. When asked why the waiter expalined due to tax purpose!!!  But the Raspberry beer went down a treat ans soon we were order two more.

After an afternoon in this beautiful place we decided to head back to Brussels and do some site seeing as well as checking out some of the top chocolatiers.

Bruges - The Green River
Bruges - The Green River
Bruges - More of the Green River
Bruges - More of the Green River
Bruges
Bruges - Timmy mallatt!!!
Bruges - Timmy mallatt!!!
Bruges - my friend Justine
Bruges - my friend Justine
Bruges - Justine AKA JBO
Bruges - Justine AKA JBO
BEER GOOD.
BEER GOOD.
The Manneken Pis aka pissing boy..…
The Manneken Pis aka pissing boy.…
beer, BEER, B E E R