EuropeItalyCapri

Living it up in style

Capri Travel Blog

Noa and I have been emailing for months to try and arrange to meet up in Italy, as we will both be there at the same time (her home is San Francisco). Today we took the ferry over to the island and a taxi up to her hotel, all the time I was thinking is this the right day? is this the right hotel? Is this the right island? Luckily all three things were right and we met Mark in the hotel foyer as planned! It was so lovely to see Noa again - it has been a year since I last saw her but it could have been last week...

We hired a private boat to take us round the island and he showed us all the famous houses and took us into all the grottos, some of which were only a little wider than the boat itself! We stopped in a quiet bay to swim off the boat, and also got to swim through one of the grottos. The water in there was the brightest turquoise I have ever seen, and on the other side a boatload of Italian tourists starting waving at us, and we waved back, and concequently we are going to appear in many of their holiday photos and films!

Back on the Island we took the Furnicular up to Capri town to look round all the designer shops with photos of famous people who has eaten / shopped / worked out there. We had a late lunch, and all too soon it was time for Nicholas and I to catch the last ferry back to Sorrento. (Why is the last one so early, at 7pm?)

It was a really fun day, the perfect way to end our travelling time in Italy.

Capri