Second day

Toronto Travel Blog

Today started out late since we had to wait for the museum to open and after the late night last night. We also found out that it would be beneficial for us to stay an extra night since my parents are not going to leave dock, until Friday. Unfortunately, Clarance Castle is not available for another night, so we are going to have to move our stuff to another hostel 5-minutes away. Anyways, I will get to all that later

Our first destination was the Royal Ontario Museum it was the typical museum, so if you like it that sort of thing it will be fun. There special exhibit was an exhibit on Peru, the Sican Indians to be exact. It was interesting since it was the first time anyone realized that the Incas were not the only advance tribe in the area. I personally stayed around the cultural history sections, as opposed to the natural history.

One thing I am always amazed, especially when re-visiting Ancient Egypt is how advanced they were back then. This leads me to wonder what we could accomplish if we did not have to re-learn all that we did during the Dark Ages.

I also realized in the Asian sections that I much prefer the Japanese art, then Chinese or Korean. This is not to say that I do not like the others; but I just enjoy the Japanese art more. I also saw something amazing in this exhibit. It was a simple rifle that was shaped like a samurai sword. There was also a simple pistol that when in its case looked like a smaller Japanese dagger/sword.
Toronto