Lincoln Park

Chicago Travel Blog

Lincoln Park with the Chicago skyline
Woke up around 9am, showered, repacked and checked out of the hotel. The front desk was nice enough to allow me to keep my luggage there until it was time for my train to leave (5:35pm). I set off to do some photographing in the area.

As I walked along the streets in the Lincoln Park area of Chicago, the clouds became darker and rain was fast approaching. It was almost lunch time and I spotted a grill on the corner at the end of the block. Then it started to pour down rain half way there. I noticed a restaurant on the other side of the street and made a quick dash into it.

It is these moments that travelers love. This restaurant was one of the best I have ever been in. Although I was the only patron inside, you could tell it was a favorite of the area residents.
Family enjoying the park
Pars Cove is run by a father and son team and their hand in the operations is very evident. It is a Persian/American restaurant, and the food was excellent. Stop by if you are in the area!

After that great lunch, and now that the rain stopped, I continued my way to Lincoln Park. All the times I have been to Chicago, I've never been to this area. On the edge of the park, I noticed a statue and went to investigate. There was a man with his dog, a black cocker spaniel (my family used to have one, Charcoal) nearby and I asked him if he could tell me about the park. We spoke for about 15 minutes and he suggested I go visit the zoo.

As I walked along the park towards the zoo, I passed several joggers and mothers with kids playing nearby. The Canadian Geese were all around with their families too.
Bengal Tiger
A short walk brought me to the entrance of the zoo and I went inside. There was some confusion as to where I was suppose to pay (turns out it's a free zoo).

First up was the big cat house. Lions and tigers everywhere, inside and out. Then the seal lion exhibit, where they were busy entertaining the crowd. Snake pit, bears, giraffes, rhinos, wolves even a bald eagle, all awaiting you to view them. Although the zoo is not that big, it is very nice and well maintained. I can't believe I have never been here before...and it's free! I will definitely come back here again.

After about 3 hours at the zoo, I walked back to the hotel to take a taxi to Union Station in downtown Chicago to board the train for Ohio.
Lincoln Park with the Chicago skyl…
Lincoln Park with the Chicago sky…
Lioness