Bangkok or bust!

Long Beach Travel Blog

We've gotten vaccinations up the wazoo, we have medications for every malady known to man, we've got umbrellas and sunblock and hats and sporks and pants with zippers and...we're leaving for Bangkok in the morning!  This will be Morgan's first trip to Asia, and my first trip to any of these countries:  Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia.  For one month, we'll be on a small-group adventure tour called "Indochina Encompassed" with G Adventures (here's the itinerary:  https://www.gadventures.com/trips/indochina-encompassed/ATIE/2013/itinerary/).  I've traveled with them to Peru and it's a great way to travel, meet the people, experience the culture, and yet be as ecologically responsible as possible.

Morgan is out buying stuff for the trip and I'm still packing up the last minute stuff here and waiting for my dinner delivery to arrive...what did I order for my last night before a trip to Indochina?  Thai food!!  (I'm telling myself it's so I can compare, but really, I'm just lazy, and it's cheap...)

See you on the other side!

ahtibat17 says:
How fun! I was traveling with G Adventures the very same time, but in Turkey!
Posted on: Apr 27, 2014
puttyland says:
Thanks, all! @Abbeynassey--you could easily break the trip into smaller bits. There were folks in our group who did the only the last two weeks (they joined us in Hanoi), some who just did the last week (joining in Ho Chi Minh City), and some folks finished their trip somewhere in the middle, so the group changed several times throughout the 30 days. Check with G Adventures and Intrepid Travel for all the different options.
Posted on: Apr 26, 2014