Washington DC

Washington Travel Blog

Uhhhhhhhh

This was a Spring Break trip decided at the last minute.

Our first tour was the boutanical gardens and the solarium. Lot's of walking on the mall, we got to see so much. We took a nice lunch at a Mexican Tapa's place called Oyamel. This is the first time I heard of Mexican Tapas :) It was actually very good. The food was fresh and they even had ceviche.

The afternoon we toured the Ford Theatre where Lincoln was shot, then finished with a walking tour of the outside of the White House. This place is so big that it takes a long time to walk around it.

The second day we started on the Capitol Tour. In case you don't know it, you must que up early as only the first 1,500 visitors are given passes. Of course these passes run out within an hour so you must arrive very early to obtain tickets. On our Capitol Tour (I got to take the private elevator for the Speaker of the House). Ha ha and I don't even remotely like Nancy Pelosi.

Our hit list was: Capitol, WWII memorial, Vietnam Wall, Musuem of Natural History, Air & Space Museum, Ford Theater, Lincoln Monument, White House (outside only), Washington Monument, Pentagon and the Iwo Jima memorial. Hmmmmm funny, it hasn't really changed since I was a kid.

Capitol