San Salvador

San Salvador Travel Blog

Museum

Of course Santiago was late to arrive to the airport. Lucky for him Delta held the plane. For real. They would never hold a plane for me. Santi has the magic touch.

Booked rooms at the Princess, ehhhhh gringo hotel, but it's convenient to the Zona Rosa. Since we were working, the only touring was a tour of restaurants. I was surprised that San Salvador seems like a much smaller city than it really is. First lunch on arrival I ate some awesome ceviche. Second day I got sick from lettuce at Asia grill, Ugh. The only other memorable meal was at Alo Nuestro. Very nice place in a former house build into the hill side. They have an awesome terrace with a view of the city. The food is fantastic and the place really starts getting busy around 9pm. The vibe in here is really nice since the place is filled with the movers and shakers in San Salvador. If the weather is nice, of course you should sit on the terrace and enjoy the views of the city at night. Not to be missed is the zen lounge cross the courtyard. Very cool decor etc, but the music was lacking on the night we were there. ***Update*** the lounge is now closed and under renovation. It will be reopenned as a restaurant.

Last day we tried to go to the beach in Libertad, but couldn't as the road was blocked by an overturned truck. Instead we visited the museum to see the "Carmen" exibit. The exhibit was great with all the story of Carmen paintings. The following weekend the Spanish Embassy hosted a party at this exhibit for his majesty King Juan Carlos of Spain.

We also hung out at Maribel's house in the diplomatic community. She has very nice artwork collected from all over Latin America, and has an extensive collection of art from Guatamala.

San Salvador