Quarry Dive

Thomasville Travel Blog

Quarry
I was looking forward to this weekend since Mario and I first thought of this idea over a beer in Montreal. The plan was for Mario and Lalie to join me and D for quarry diving in NC. We were anticipating the chance to dive with my good friends

Lalie found the cheapest airtickets ever and I found myself late on Friday at the Charlotte airport. I think Lalie was concerned about my old 'broken' truck, so Mario was kind to bring his camel for alternate transport. LOL We had a nice drive straight to my house listening to music and talking to get 'caught up'. We arrived to my house, made quick introductions and then slept a short night.

Saturday we headed to the quarry and Blue Stone Dive Center (I'll write a separate review). Since D and I were taking instruction for our PADI Open Water License, my good friend Santiago came to dive also with Mario and Lalie. Lucky for us the weather was hot and the water temp was nice (at least above the thermocline). At night, my workmate was hosting a Tapas party and all my workmates got to meet Mario and Lalie and have good conversation.

Sunday we dived during the day and then went to small centre of Winston Salem for Thai dinner. The food was nice and we again had a great time.

The weekend seemed so short and soon (Monday at 0300) Lalie and Mario needed to go to the airport. It was sad to end the weekend, but we know we will again see our friends and create more adventure.

mario26 says:
bros dont worry of it it sure the adventure call us very soon ahahaha!!!!!!what!!!!!!!!!
Posted on: Oct 09, 2007
Set up
Set up
Mario now happy
Mario now happy
Tapas party
Tapas party
In case you dont know Mario is th…
In case you don't know Mario is t…
Red Curry
Set Up
Confined Water Area
Confined Water Area
Thomasville Sights & Attractions review
Blue Stone Dive Center is a PADI 5 star dive center. This place is really very nice. It's an old rock quarry that was closed decades ago because the q… read entire review
Thomasville