Phuket Jan 2007

Phuket Travel Blog

beach shrine

Where better to spend a weekend than Phuket? Well there maybe a few places, but this was awesome. I didn't like Patong Beach that much, it was more developed, too many signs, etc., but nice anyway. I rented a hobie cat and sailed all day Saturday. The conditions were great for very fast sailing. I stayed out a long time and got very tired. So, then I got a traditional Thai massage. Ei, I think I was going to get broken in half. Wow, they are so strong and they stretch the body into impossible positions, but it was effective.

Met a chill couple from the UK and played 'connect four' with them and the bar girls on some soi. Bar girls love to laugh at me cuz I have to keep ducking my head to walk through the beer bars. I think they also shocked at my big nose and blue eyes. LOL. Walked past the big clubs on my way back to the resort and snapped some pix of the girlie boys. Had to run for my life after that LOL. Sunday hung out at the beach, sailed more, then headed to Bangkok.

In Phuket the food was cheap and really pretty good. I don't remember where I ate, just stopped when hungry. I took some pix of the various food I ate. Always it was good, fresh and tasty. Next time in Phuket I pick a quieter place.

Street Vendor