Outter Banks

Kill Devil Hills Travel Blog

I never visited the outter banks so for my birthday D took me to experience some adventure sport. Arrived late night and got lucky to book a room right on the beach. Friday I spent driving a 1973 BMW 2002tii. Sweet car, but requiring too much restoration.

I highly recommend the hang gliding at Jockey Ridge. The class is 1 hour then 2 hours of flying. I got in some awesome flights, and now I want to get my hang cert so I can fly all the time (argh, I have too many hobbies already). Met some really nice people during the flying.

Sunday hung out at the beach. Sea Kayaking and body boarding. Monday we decided to explore. Took a drive south through Nags Head and down the Cape Hattera's sea shore. Then headed north to see Kitty Hawk, Duck and Corolla. At Corolla the paved road ended, so we went into 4x4 mode and hit the sand. Drove most of the way to Virgina via the beach.

I'd recommend Duck and Corolla as better places to stay and less crowded. Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills and Nags Head are overdeveloped. Also avoid traveling to the outter banks on Saturday or Sunday as the traffic is much worse.

mellemel8 says:
1973 BMW 2002tii. one bad ass car.
Posted on: Aug 17, 2007