Nanjing Travel Blog

Stopped overnight in Shanghai so I could have dinner with MP and Xia. Can you believe it? They gave me some red boxer shorts with a golden pig embossed on them. LOL, yes it's the year of the pig. MP picked Maneo, a new place, all white. Super chic and just below Mint. Perfect!!!!

Met up with workmates to take the new high speed train to Nanjing. Met up with Joy and Jerry at the Jingling Hotel and ate dinner at the very expensive (overpriced) Italian place.

Three straight days of meetings in Chinese via translator (Sophie). Ei Ei Ei. Huge lunches, too much to drink. Weekend didn't come soon enough. Thursday, we ate dinner with Angel whom I hadn't seen in 3 years in Zhenjiang. Friday night went to Nanjing 1912. This is a cool historic area that has been converted into restaurants and clubs. Went to so many places, but I'd recommend Soho very highly.

We all returned to Shanghai on the high-speed, and went to 18 on the Bund. Thankfully Jerry picked up the huge dinner tab. Then headed up to Bar Rouge. Ended up at the Westin and smoked cigars with MP and Joy and a group of their friends.

photo by: aleksflower