Hong Kong

Hong Kong Travel Blog

Hong Kong Wow

Arrived from Bangkok and checked into the Lai Kwan Fong hotel. Perfectly located in the nightlife district. Went bar hopping the first night and met some people from China, which was perfect since I had been in China two weeks prior. This area is compact, with plenty of choices for eating and many bars, pubs, and lounges. I can't believe the taxi's attempt to drive down these roads, cuz they are packed with pedestrians.

Next day we did a city tour and were amazing by the buildings and scenery and views especially from The Peak. Rode in a Sampan for a tour of Victoria Harbor.  The huge floating tourist restaurant has been here for years. I had to take a picture of it, because my grandparents asked me about it. Hahaha, they ate there on their round-the-world trip in the 1970's.

Sampan
I think they liked it, but I wouldn't recommend anyone to eat there. Plenty of really chill restaurants that are better choices.

The next night we grabbed dinner at a middle eastern place and were ready to go crash to get rest before our long flights the following day. Long story short, stopping for a beer stretched into several as we met more international travelers. In the end, we but didn't hang out long cuz of flights the next morning.

Youssef lightened his wallet with a new Breitling watch, I think it was to make me jealous. Wow, but it's a nice time piece, and he claims the price is very good because there is no tax. Ei Ei Ei it was still a lot of money. It was sad to end this trip because we had so much fun and travel exactly the same way. Simple and uncomplicated.

Cool View from the Mountain