El Salvador Second Trip

San Salvador Travel Blog

San Salvador del Mundo

This is my second trip to El Salvador this year. I entered the plane in Altanta and as I was traveling with two work mates, we had some good jokes and laughing as we entered the aircraft. The cabin crew as well as other Delta officials greeted us and informed me that we are on the Delta pink plane "walk for the cure" plane. When we arrived in San Salvador, the plane was sprayed with firetrucks (as a welcome ceremony) and the TV camera's and photog's as well. LOL it was an odd experience.

Unfortunately, it was raining for the 8th straight day in El Salvador so not much to see the first two days. We did spend some time in La Paz on the Jiboa river, but I don't have much to share.

Friday night we took dinner at Alo Nuestro.

Pink Plane (Fly for the Cure)
I'll write a review on this place. It's fantastic and I highly recommend it. After dinner we walked in the Zona Rosa to Los Alambiques club, but the crowd was sooooooo young so we went on to Decades, but the crowd was odd and Santiago made a funny comment then we left jaja,. We tried again and found a small bar Dando Vueltas with a tributo a Soda Stereo. Soda Stereo was a Argentine rock band from the 1980's. Music was good and it was a nice time. Saturday night we were back in San Salvador and took dinner at Mai Thai and then some drinks at Bliss and also at Envy. I'll try to publish reviews on these places as well. Just a tip, San Salvador has two primary area's of night life. Zona Rosa has many restaurants and bars, and the Multiplex has Las Terrazas with many lounges (Bliss, My Way) restaurants (Asia Grill, Mai Thai etc) and clubs (Live, Envy, etc).

catalina says:
Yeah.. Soda Stereo are so famous in Latin America, they┬┤re giving a concert here in Ecuador next week. Do you like them?
Posted on: Oct 18, 2007
Fire Brigade Reception
Fire Brigade Reception
Alo Nuestro
Alo Nuestro
Also Nuestro
Also Nuestro
San Salvador Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Citron is very expensive, but it stands pretty tall in San Salvador. The restaurant is on the fringe of the Zona Rosa and is situated in a former resi… read entire review
photo by: Biedjee