Cordoba part 1

Cordoba Travel Blog

pedestrian street
Cordoba is the capital city of the province of Cordoba that rests about 6 hours back in the direction of Buenos Aires, at the base of the Sierra Mountains. About 1.5 million people live in the city, but most of them are part-time student residents. Cordoba is home to 9 large universities and a number of private universities and institutes that bring about 150,000 students to the city each year. The city is also the center of fabrication for much of the country, so prices are low, especially during the end of the season. Unfortunately, I do not have a bunch of money to spend because I already spent it in other places, but I do not have much room in my suitcase so just as well.

Here for two weeks and I didn’t do much.
Plaza San Martin
Turns out Luciana doesn’t like to leave the house much. A lot promises that we are going to do this and that, me waiting, and when the time came, nothing.

You might say that it is my fault and of course it is because I lost my ear plugs. Thus, I couldn’t fall asleep until I turned off the TV after she fell asleep sometime between 4 and 5 am. So I was unable to get up and take the free walking tours that are only bearable in the morning due to the weather. And I was unable to create more weekend days for dancing.

Thus, I do not have much to report. But the weather is different than Chilecito, it is hot and humid and rains a lot. When is rains it storms in short bursts. It is really funny to watch the people run for cover or continue on their motorcycles getting smacked in the face with the large hard hitting drops cause they don’t wear helmets.
cathedral

There is a huge hillside park called Parque Sarimiento that we walk around in for exercise. It has everything, a lagoon, various restaurants and food carts, an amusement park, trails, soccer fields, a university of the arts, transvestite prostitutes, and a great view.

I have walked around the center of the city, which is like the others only bigger, with more pedestrian streets than I have ever seen, and more greenery. The city center ends to the west at the Cañada or canal where all of the water goes to prevent flooding in the city. Just south of the city center is where I stay in the barrio called Nueva Cordoba. The barrio is full of apartment building where mostly students live. The area is full of student geared hang outs and shops that keep the place buzzing well into the morning.
La Cañada
La Cañada
Buen Pastor, old meets new, used t…
Buen Pastor, old meets new, used …
Cordoba