Madrid Easter'07

Madrid Travel Blog

Happy easter!!!! i hope you all had a great one... I had a fantastic time in Madrid.... i really love the city i didn't know what to expect. I didn't know what there was to see but it was a place i hadn't been to so i thought i would give it a shot. i was also looking forward to doing my first proper holiday by myself.

Left on the Friday morning on a bus down to Dublin and flew out from there arrived at about 6 in the evening. went straight downstairs to the bar in the hotel and met a kiwi chick Rose who was really nice she had been travelling around Spain for the last week or so. we ended up hitting the bars and had a good night, we went to this hip hop club at the end of the night which was hilarious cause some of it was in Spanish and we had no idea.

... but surprisingly most of the music you hear is english and i saw so may printed shirts in stores in english as well. bizarre. On the way home it started to pour down. we had caught up with two english guys who were staying at the same hostel and the four of us were walking around lost for an hour and a half so by the time we go back we were completely drenched. only thing about my trip was the weather wasnt great and to make matters worse Ireland had the best weather we have had in ages. oh well...

Sat we did the sights, the Royal palace is amazing.. its huge. so much better than Buckingham, plaza de cibeles, plaza Mayor. all really nice. I was really surprised at how nice it was. the streets are really clean, its not crowded everyone is really nice and civilized even in the early hours of the morning.
on the sofas at Teatro Capital
. lol. the metro was so easy to use and heaps of room... sat night 4 ppl from my room went out together we went to a restaurant, i had a calamari sandwich which was different. we left there at 1:30 am. its crazy everything is open so late and everyone is still out at that time even families. We went to a club called Teatro Kapital. it is amazing. it has 7 floors all with different music it has a cinema, karaoke bar, lounge rooms heaps of places to sit and relax. it cost 18 euro to get in which is expensive but you get a drink with it. to buy drink so have to go to a machine or a booth and get a ticket as they dont have money at the bar. strange... we didnt stay to long there as the drinks were expensive and the music wasn't fantastic but it was still really good to check it out and the half naked dancers helped as well.
Rose and I

Sunday i went cultural and went to the Sofia museum. the modern one. didn't have much time in there as it was closing early but got to see some pieces by Picasso and Dali which was great.. i wanted to go to the Prado museum but the day i went it was closed... sun night went to a few bars and a tapas restraunt with a mate Rory i had meet there and monday did some more walking before i had to go back to Sunny Belfast. (normally i am being sarcastic when i say that but for once it was true..lol)

Flight on the way home was interesting we had a group of ppl who were drunk on the flight that i was sitting right near. they had a plastic bag full of beers as they were checking in and just continued to drink before the flight. before we took off they were really rowdy and annoying to the point that i captain came up and seized 3 of there passports and told them if they continued to behave that way they would be arrested when we got to dublin.
Checking out the dancers on the main floor of Teatro Capital
. they continued to be idiot but wernt as bad... why do i always get the crazy ppl on flights.. we ended up being 30-45 min late and i only just got the last bus up to Belfast.. thankfully it all worked out in the end.

well that is my long winded story of my trip to Madrid. all in all meet some great ppl and had a fantastic time. now all i can say is roll on Germany. really looking forward to it..

Till my next adventure

Rose and I
Checking out the dancers on the ma…
Checking out the dancers on the m…
Outside Sofis Museun