San Fran

San Francisco Travel Blog

While on the way to San Fransisco, we stopped at this town that was completely dutch. All the houses and stores looked like dutch homes with the thatched roofs. It was so weird for it to be in the middle of America. I also saw this castle that this guy Hearst created. It was soo amazing. He even put gold decorations on the bottom of his indoor heated pool. It was VERY grand.

It was so nice seeing beaches and waves again. I think that that is one of the best aspects of Australia. From seeing those waves and beaches, I've realised that I'm a lot more of a water baby than I suspected. I'm really looking forward to doing some body surfing while back in Aus. Should be great!

After quite a bus trip, we arrived in San Fransisco, California. I've seen heaps of car racing games where the cars are jumping off the massive hills. All the games were true as well, San Fran is so hilly. I think you'd get quite fit living there. I went on a cruise and saw the famous Alcatraz Island and Golden Gate bridge. The bridge is painted red so you might wonder why it is called golden? However its because on a sunny day (which it wasn't) it reflects the light and looks golden. Unfortunately the day I went it was rainy and grey so it wasn't quite shining. Apparently its common for it to be grey in San Fran. Some seals had just decided one day as well that they wanted to take over a dock, so there is a dock full of seals in view of the crowds. Its quite suprising. San Fran has like one of the largest gay populations in the world as well that were old Army recruits, and so there is an area of town that has all the rainbow coloured flags everywhere and you see same sex couples walking around.