Vamos a la playa

Malaga Travel Blog

Tapas
I woke up in a terrible mood, as just the thought of having to hang around Malaga another day made me pissed. Yet by early noon, it had completely vanished. It turned out to be a wonderful day!

We went of for the beach right after breakfast. My father came along just so he knew were we were at, and then he decided to visit the cathedral and the ruins uphill. My mother and I hired ourselves a long chair at the beach, straight under a parasol. Soooo touristy, yet sooooo comfortable. Behind us the busy road was a bit blocked by the beach hut of the company that owns the chairs, named Chiringuito Tropicana. It was a small kind of tapa/restaurant/chiringuito/cocktail bar thing, aimed mainly at tourists of course, yet the prices were ok and the service was friendly.
Tapas
Ahead of us there was the blue sea, and with a little bit of practice, I could even skip the sight of the harbor so that the horizon looked peaceful. The weather once again was wonderful, and there was even a bit of wind, to great pleasure of my mother.

By 2pm my father arrived and we had some plates of tapas for all of us, which we shared. It was good and tasty food, a little more expensive than in other places, but fine. We got an update on the Alcazaba ruins, yet from the pictures I saw and the tales I heard we missed out on nothing, except maybe a view over Malaga and the water. Then my father headed for the cathedral, and we went back to the beach until evening. It was such a lazy day! Yet it was wonderful. In the end, laziness was what we came to Malaga for, and all of a sudden I did't regret it anymore.
Tapas
While this morning I would have rather flew home then staying here, now I was mighty glad we didn't. And the day wasn't even over yet!

We decided not to try a restaurant today. Or well, at first we did wanted to find a good restaurant. So we did some terrace hopping but didn't find some nice menu's. Instead, at each terrace we came, we had some wine. So by the time we decided to find ourselves a tapas bar, we already had quite some glasses. The tapas bar was called Tapa's Bar (how creative) and served some wonderful food. We ordered all kinds of plates and salads and raciones, to share between us all. With the bottle of wine came some other free food, and by the time it all had arrived there nearly was enough place on the table. Such a great time! We hardly could eat all of it, and while it was much cheaper than going to a restaurant, it was a lot better! The wine was too, and we drank a lot.
Cava!
Yet that was ok, since we had to celebrate our last night in Spain. So when the waiter came to bring the bill and charged 8 euro too less, we just payed and rushed of (giggling like hell, as that is the effect that wine has). Normally we're honest people really, yet not when we drank too much... Great excuse!

The point was we had just made benefit, and therefor, my father wanted to treat some Cava. Definitely not the smartest decision, but I wasn't going to protest to it. So we had a whole bottle on a terrace some further along. It was a great night, and for a moment, we all forgot it was the last one we had in Spain.

I don't remember too much details of our walk back to the hotel. I do remember that when my father got in the elevator to the second floor (where the reception is), I rushed up the stares to get the keys before he did, and I used to find it extremely funny. I made my way up to our room on the fifth floor laughing like mad, and it only got worse when my father turned up totally confused because the receptionist had told him the key had allready been collected. What a useless joke really, but I thought it was hilarious, and so did my mother. I think we must have woke every single resident in the hotel on our way up... Shame on us!
Malaga Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
This place hasn't got the most original name, yet it says it all. This is a tapas bar in the heart of Malaga, in a side road of the Calle Larios. Insi… read entire review
2,026 km (1,259 miles) traveled